Oomea.com Launches! Register & Win $75 From San Francisco Food
Oomea.com officially launched their new food review site today as of a few hours ago. Yelp may have made “food reviews” hot, but all of us who have used it knows it has its own share of problems. Read 7×7′s coverage of Oomea’s new platform, released today.
Off the bat, Oomea differentiates itself in that their platform enables reviewers to promote their own websites and blogs without any violation of “terms of service”. In other words, you may be giving content to Oomea for free, but it’s not without rewards, whereas other sites just want your content for free — period.
Secondly, users are not anonymous with screen names like “FoodMonger”. You can still go on and claim “0 stars” for not liking the shirt of a server — but it’s a little tougher when people know who you are. This measure will legitimize the reviews and hopefully keep restaurant reviews more accurate. I just wrote about this on THE DISH
So for the next week – San Francisco Food is offering $75 worth of Restaurant.com gift certificates to any of you who register on Oomea.com.
The first certificate is $50 off at Live Sushi — home of the”Chef’s Special Oysters” that I can eat every single day without a problem:
The second gift certificate is for $25 off at Albona (read the review here) — one of my favorite Italian restaurants in San Francisco. Be sure to try the truly decadent and unique gnocchi, pictured below, and the amazing strudel when you use this certificate—it’s quite possibly the most delicious thing to ever be created:
Here’s how to enter:
- Go to Oomea.com and register.
- Then go to my page and “follow me” as proof of your registration – I will receive email notification
- Share with your friends using the buttons below, and perhaps you’ll be the lucky one they take should they win!
- On February 7, I will select a random winner from all new followers and announce on Facebook
- By that evening, I’ll send you the digital certificate # – you print out the certificates and off you go to dine at some of the city’s finest restaurants.
That’s it!And last but not least — have fun reviewing restaurants! What could be better than sharing your best dining experiences?
- This offer is sponsored solely by San Francisco Food and is not affiliated with Oomea.com.
- Both restaurants are located in San Francisco and all Restaurant.com terms and conditions apply. Click here to see their terms.
- These are restaurant-specific gift certificates; ownership can be transferred but you cannot transfer restaurants– it must be used at the stated restaurants and the entire certificate must be redeemed in one visit.
- No expiration dates for the certificates.
- Winner will be announced only on the SF Food Facebook page, and notified via any networks listed within Oomea.